This is the story of Aria Joy Burch-Senser – a beautiful, talented and happy young girl who will be forever frozen at age 13. Suicide is the second leading cause of death for individuals 10-24. We don’t talk to our kids enough about mental health and suicide. They are issues shrouded by stigma, and not talking about them with the young people in our lives is a major contributing factor to the statistics. Ms. Danielle sits down with mom and social worker Brittani Senser to have a conversation about youth mental health and suicide.
- A transcript of this episode is available here.
- Do You Care Now?
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
SHOP OUR SPONSOR
We reserve one free ad in every HAHO episode for a BIPOC-owned business. If that's you, reach out to us at email@example.com.
This week we featured TrackGirlz – a 501c3 nonprofit organization helping girls reach their full potential through track and field.
HAVE A TOPIC?
If you have a topic you'd like to see addressed on the show, let us know by recording a voice memo into your phone and emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Subscribe - click subscribe on whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts.
- Follow us on @hahopodcast - where you can see the latest from Help a Human Out Podcast.
- Share - the more listens the better we do and more folks we show up for! Share this with your friends and family!
- Support - if you are able we offer ways to financially support this work - it will get you free access to the Still Kickin Club and special content too!