We all have vices. For some of us, it’s eating fried food, biting our nails or binge-watching bad reality TV. But how do we figure out if the things we find comfort in have become a problem? This week, we talked with author, speaker and teacher Laura McKowen, who shared her advice and the surprising magic she found in living a sober life.
- A transcript of this episode is available here.
- Laura McKowen's Website
- We Are The Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life
- Laura McKowen's courses and groups
- The Luckiest Club - sober is better together
SHOP OUR SPONSOR
We reserve one free ad in every HAHO episode for a BIPOC-owned business. If that's you, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we featured FMYH - Fancy Meeting You Here is a collaborative space for creatives to grow their ideas and businesses.
HAVE A TOPIC?
If you have a topic you'd like to see addressed on the show, let us know by recording a voice memo into your phone and emailing it to us at email@example.com.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Subscribe - click subscribe on whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts.
- Follow us on @hahopodcast - where you can see the latest from Help a Human Out Podcast.
- Share - the more listens the better we do and more folks we show up for! Share this with your friends and family!
- Support - if you are able we offer ways to financially support this work - it will get you free access to the Still Kickin Club and special content too!