The stats don’t lie: Racial inequality in the health care field is a real problem. How did we get to this point? And what do we do going forward? This week’s expert, Dr. Tosin Odunsi, shines light on the lack of diversity within the health care profession, the importance of representation, and the work she is doing to effect change.
- A transcript of this episode is available here.
- You can get more information and follow Dr. Odunsi here @lifebytosin or her mentorship specific work here. @thementorshipsquad.
- You can also hear more from Dr. Odunsi by registering for her Still Kickin Session on Racism and Healthcare on February 18th.
- If you are looking to do more in your anti-racism journey - check out the rest of our our Still Kickin Sessions. Advocacy is great. Action is better.
SHOP OUR SPONSOR
We reserve one free ad in every HAHO episode for a BIPOC-owned business. If that's you, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we featured Civic Saint — products that inspire joy, nostalgia and reflection all while fighting for racial and social equity.
HAVE A TOPIC?
If you have a topic you'd like to see addressed on the show, let us know by recording a voice memo into your phone and emailing it to us at email@example.com.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Subscribe - click subscribe on whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts.
- Follow us on @hahopodcast - where you can see the latest from Help a Human Out Podcast.
- Share - the more listens the better we do and more folks we show up for! Share this with your friends and family!
- Support - if you are able we offer ways to financially support this work - it will get you free access to the Still Kickin Club and special content too!