In our final episode of Black Story Month, we asked our Black listeners, coworkers, friends and family to send in a voice memo answering three questions: 1. What is your favorite thing about Black culture? 2. If you had the chance, would you ever give up being Black? 3. What does Black excellence mean to you and how do you embody it? This special episode is a collection of stories from all over the country — including two little girls (who call Danielle mom) learning about their own Black girl magic.
- For a transcript of this episode, click here.
- If you are looking to do more in your anti-racism journey - check out the rest of our our Still Kickin Sessions. Advocacy is great. Action is better.
- The Black businesses featured in this episode: Civic Saint, Gigi’s Flair Emporium, A Freeman’s Place Counseling, and Kismet of Kings
- Follow on Instagram: @hahopodcast @msdanielleferrentino @mrjross @lifebytosin @tanishanichole
SHOP OUR SPONSOR
We reserve one free ad in every HAHO episode for a BIPOC-owned business. If that's you, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we featured Civic Saint — products that inspire joy, nostalgia and reflection all while fighting for racial and social equity.
HAVE A TOPIC?
If you have a topic you'd like to see addressed on the show, let us know by recording a voice memo into your phone and emailing it to us at email@example.com.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Subscribe - click subscribe on whatever app you use to listen to your podcasts.
- Follow us on @hahopodcast - where you can see the latest from Help a Human Out Podcast.
- Share - the more listens the better we do and more folks we show up for! Share this with your friends and family!
- Support - if you are able we offer ways to financially support this work - it will get you free access to the Still Kickin Club and special content too!